28 June 2022
Our museums have various offers and activities for children and families this summer.
If you are traveling in our region, here are some tips for visits and activities:
Several museums have exhibitions and dissemination specially adapted to children:
- Sortland Museum
- Lofotr Viking Museum
- Hurtigruten Museum
- Lofoten Aquarium
- Norwegian Fishing Village Museum
- Visit the Andøy Museum and head to the top of Andenes Lighthouse!
- Go all the way to Å and taste the world’s best cinnamon buns at the bakery at Å and Norwegian Fishing Village Museum.
- Feed the seals at the Lofoten Aquarium.
- Explore the children’s trail at the Norwegian Fishing Village Museum.
- Take part in summer activities at the Lofotr Viking Museum, Lofoten Museum, Epolin Gallery and Lofoten Aquarium
- During Sommer-Melbu from 1st to 10th July there are several activities for children.
- Head to The Espolin Gallery and join a children’s and youth artwork site with Andrea Greenwood on July 7 at 12-14.
- Visit the mining camp of Ballangen Museum 13th to 14th July. The family event is part of Arctic kids.
- Reginedagan at Bø Museum: Sunday 31 July there will be an adventure trail at Bøhallen.
- Join us far back in time and participate in the Viking Festival at Borg from 3 to 7 August.
Opening hours and other information about the museums can be found here.