29 June 2023
Our museums have various offers and activities for children and families with children this summer.
We have gathered some tips for visits and experiences.
Several museums have exhibitions and dissemination specially adapted to children:
- Sortland Museum
- Lofotr Viking Museum
- The Hurtigruten Museum
- Lofoten Aquarium
- Norwegian Fishing Village Museum
Fun Activities and Exhibitions
- Visit the Andøy Museum and take a trip to the top of Andenes lighthouse!
- Go all the way to Å and taste the world’s best cinnamon rolls at the bakery at Å and the Norwegian Fishing Village Museum.
- Join us for seal feeding at the Lofoten Aquarium, and say hello to Molly!
- Visit the exhibition Bæsj – the portal to the past at Bø Museum.
- Explore the children’s trail at the Norwegian Fishing Village Museum.
- Help the Hurtigruten Museum moor your boat.
- Take part in fun summer activities at Lofotr Viking Museum: axe throwing and bow and arrow shooting, sail and row Viking ships, and not least visit the animals on the farm.
- Find your artistic side at the Espolin Gallery and create your own lino print.
- Go far back in time and attend the Viking Festival at Borg from 2 to 6 August.
- Narvik Museum has a brand new exhibition about the electrification of the Ofotbanen!
Opening hours and other information about the museums can be found here.
Visit our event calender her.