Last Saturday during the Cultural Heritage Days, join us at Kulturfabrikken for various activities for all ages when Sortland Handicrafts Association, Sortland Coast Association and Sortland Museum invite you to Children’s Factory and Handicrafts Day 2023!
Join an embroidery workshop in Teket, experience the museum’s exhibitions, and visit Sortland Coast Association in Rødbrygga, where you can try your hand at knots, rope use and whittling. Afterwards, Sortland cinema screens the family film Hvem er du, Mamma Mø. For the adults, there will be embroidery of patterns on the Norland bunad and a showcase of bunads.
Participation in the event is free.
PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN SATURDAY 9 SEPTEMBER:
11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Children’s Factory
– Embroidery workshop in Teket
Organiser: Sortland Museum in collaboration with Sortland Handicrafts Association and Kulturfabrikken
– Open day at Sortland Museum, free entrance to the exhibition “History of the human and the predators” in Ariblå
– Family day at Rødbrygga with Sortland Coast Association
Activities: whittling boats, learning knots and using ropes
Organiser: Sortland Coast Association
– kl. 14 Sortland cinema: Hvem er du, Mamma Mø
Tickets for adults/children: NOK 90,-
At the same time as the Children’s Factory, HANDICRAFTS DAY 2023 is also being arranged for adults.
PROGRAM SATURDAY 9 SEPTEMBER:
– Bunad showcase in the city centre (start from Kulturfabrikken at 12.00)
– Presentation of national costumes in the café at Kulturfabrikken
– Lecture on the Nordland bunad by Heidi Olsen Alvestad, Library 2nd floor.
– Embroidery pattern on the Nordland bunad on sample patch, Library 2nd floor.
Organiser: Sortland Handicrafts Association in collaboration with Kulturfabrikken.