There will be a pirate ship, a visit from the rescue boat and the historic vessel Anne Bro. As well as singing and games for children of all ages, face painting, pop-up library, knots and ropework, a painting workshop, rowing and much more.
Free entry 11.00–15.00!
– Program –
11.00–14.00 Painting workshop at the Espolin Gallery with artist Bjørn Tore Stavang
11.00–14.00 Pop-up library in the manor house with Vågan library
11.00–15.00 Try your own rowing skills in one of Kystlaget’s small boats (weather permitting)
11.00–15.00 Knots and ropework in the fisherman’s cabin with Kystlaget
12.00 Feeding of the seals and otters at the Lofoten Aquarium
13.00 Reading: «Det suser i Sivert» by Ragnar Aalbu (from approx. 3 years) with Vågan library in the manor house
14.00 Song and games for children of all ages with Anette Rosenvinge
15.00 Feeding of the seals and otters at the Lofoten Aquarium
Throughout the day:
– Vågan Kystlag displays their boats! Join us on board a pirate ship or the historic vessel Anne Bro. There will also be an opportunity to get face paint.
– At the Lofoten Aquarium, there will be free taste samples from Nordlaks served on the dock and it will be possible to go on board the rescue boat. Try your own rowing skills in one of Vågan Kystlags small boats (weather permitting). Please see the Lofoten Aquarium’s ordinary day program for additional information. There will also be a naming contest for the newest seal pup that was born at the Lofoten Aquarium last summer!
– At the Lofoten Museum, FK Lofoten will have a café in the storehouse serving hot dogs, soft drinks, coffee, cakes, cinnamon rolls and muffins. Judith van Koesveld will talk about the historic perennials in the museum garden.
– The Espolin Gallery offers exhibitions from the Kaare Espolin Johnson collection and film screenings.
– Nyvågar Rorbuhotell will have a simple lunch service and waffle buffet from 11.00–15.00.
The Coastal Day is organized in collaboration with:
Vågan Kystlag, Svolvær Redningsforening, Vågan bibliotek, Lofoten FK etc.
NB! Some activities are subject to change because of weather conditions!
The event on facebook: www.facebook.com/events/1279023569719290