Sortland Museum is located in Kulturfabrikken in Sortland and conducts extensive dissemination with a focus on children and young people. The museum produces both its own exhibitions and displays travelling exhibitions. In addition, the museum operates the pier at Jennestad Handelssted during the summer months. Sortland Museum is open all year round and has approximately 10,000 visitors annually.
Sortland Museum runs the research and innovation initiative GAIAVesterålen, and our skilled manager at the museum will for the next three years be busy with the development of this project. In her absence, we need a committed and outgoing substitute in her position.
Your tasks will mainly be
- Responsible for the daily operation of the museum.
- Responsible for hiring and following up seasonal employees.
- Responsible for the department’s dissemination to the public, including dissemination aimed at children and young people through The Cultural Rucksack.
- Project development and exhibition work. Sortland Museum has a strong focus on project development and whoever is hired will have exciting tasks in our project team in GaiaVesterålen.
- Mercantile tasks and tasks related to the daily operation of the museum and museum shop.
Desired education and experience
- Bachelor/master history and archaeology.
- Arts and culture.
- Experience from working with children and young people, and/or pedagogical education.
- Management experience.
- Experience from project work.
- Communication and dissemination experience.
- Familiarity with the museum industry.
- Driver’s license car.
- We are looking for a positive employee, preferably with experience from the museum sector.
- Flexible and development-oriented.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Enjoys working with children and young people.
- Good language skills in both written and spoken Norwegian and English.
- Three-year temporary position in a 100% position.
- Challenging tasks in an evolving work environment with engaged colleagues.
- Opportunities to contribute to task solving throughout Museum Nord’s scope.
- Salary as conservator according to our salary system (from NOK 501,200 per year).
- One of Norway’s best pension schemes in KLP.
Application deadline 9 December 2022.
If you would like further information, please contact the unit manager at Sortland Museum, Ane Høyem, on tel. 975 65 108.
Application sent: firstname.lastname@example.org
We see diversity as a strength of our work. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion and ethnic background.
Please note that information about the applicant may be published even if the applicant has asked not to be included in the public list of applicants; Section 25, second paragraph, of the Freedom of Information Act. The applicant will be notified in advance.
Keep in mind that regular email is unsecured and unencrypted. We therefore encourage you not to send your national identity number, confidential or sensitive information by e-mail.