The Museum Nord Foundation operates and develops 21 museums in northern Nordland. We collect, manage and disseminate our rich cultural history, and have great ambitions for our museums. Museum Nord has 57 skilled and engaged employees and approximately 230,000 visitors per year.
Museum Nord has a vacancy as head of the museums in Hadsel. The museums in Hadsel consist of the Hurtigruten Museum at Stokmarknes as well as Melbo Manor and the Neptune Herring Oil Factory at Melbu. The museums in Hadsel have eight full-time employees, as well as several part-time employees (permanent and seasonal) via our subsidiary Lofotr Næringsdrift AS. Our museums in Hadsel are part of Museum Nord’s department in Vesterålen which consists of a total of seven museums.
Our new Hurtigruten Museum was opened in the autumn of 2021. Our ambition is for the Hurtigruten Museum to become a national leading museum within coastal and transport history, a history which also reflects the important northern Norwegian industrial history that took place at Melbu from 1890.
The museum manager’s responsibilities and duties
- Management of Museum Nord’s activities in Hadsel.
- Commercial development of the museums as attractive destinations to visit.
- Personnel responsibility for the employees in Hadsel.
- Budget and performance responsibility for the museums in Hadsel.
- Design and implementation of Museum Nord’s strategy and action plans.
- Responsibility for good dialogue and relationship building internally and externally.
You report to the Department Director for Vesterålen.
- Higher education with a master’s degree in historical subjects with knowledge of / interest in maritime history.
- Additional education or expertise in the areas of tourism, culture, administration/management or other relevant disciplines is an advantage.
- You are a visionary, committed and ambitious promoter of museum development and history dissemination.
- You have the ability to lead, motivate and engage your employees.
- Is a good organizer and is used to delivering on quality, budget and time frame.
- You have experience of work processes at management level in the cultural sector or tourism.
- You have good written and oral formulation skills.
- You have a relevant network.
- You are strategically oriented and will help develop the entire Museum Nord.
- An exciting and challenging position in a future-oriented museum.
- Engaged and skilled employees.
- Salary in accordance with Labor’s payroll table, ltr. 66-70 (NOK 604,700-650,300 per year).
- One of Norway’s best pension schemes in KLP.
The office location will be at the Hurtigruten Museum at Stokmarknes.
Questions about the position should be addressed to Departement Director for Vesterålen Brynjar Pettersen, tel. +47 909 65 302 or Director Geir Are Johansen, tel. +47 908 72 950.
September 4, 2022.
Applications with a CV must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org marked with Application leading the museums in Hadsel.
Read more about Museum Nord on www.museumnord.no.
If you wish to apply except publicly, we ask for a reason for this.
Please note that information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be listed on the public list of applicants, cf. Section 12 of the Regulations, Freedom of Information Act § 25, second paragraph. The applicant will be notified in advance.
Keep in mind that regular e-mail is unsecured and unencrypted. We therefore encourage you not to send your national identity number, confidential or sensitive information by e-mail.