At Museum Nord’s department in Ofoten we have a vacancy as a museum consultant/mediator. We are looking for a skilled and committed person for a varied job as a mediator for the museums of Ofoten. The position will have main work place at Narvik museum and have assigned responsibilities at other museums in Ofoten.
The person we hire must have a bachelor’s degree in geology or history, and there is also an advantage to pedagogical education or experience.
Your main tasks will be:
- Knowledge production and dissemination of the department’s cultural heritage especially within geology.
- Public dissemination, especially towards primary and secondary schools, also on our digital platforms.
- Contribute to the development of the museums in Ofoten (Project Ofoten).
- Participate in excavations and collaborate with universities (EvoCave).
- Disseminate research results.
- Productions for The Cultural School Bag.
There are requirements for class B driver’s licenses.
Desired experience and personal characteristics:
- Experience with dissemination work from schools or museums.
- You must be able to disseminate research at a level that meets the relevant audience.
- Challenging and varied tasks in an exciting environment. The employee will help to build a new culture with the guest and the dissemination of the good history in the city center.
- The daily work will mainly be carried out during ordinary working hours, but some flexibility will be needed.
- Courses and certification.
- The position is remunerated in ltr. 53 – 57 (483,700 – 491,200) according to The working payroll table, the HUK area. Museum Nord has one of norway’s best pension schemes in KLP.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting Director General Jon Framnes, tel. +47 951 28 717.
Applications and CVs must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 29 May 2022.