The feldspar at Hundholmen

The quarry at Hundholmen near Kjøpsvik was photographed in 1930. The stone was transported by transport band.

Operations on the feldspar began in 1905, with periodic operations until 1920 when the company was sold to Harald Stange & Co, which operated the quarry until its closure in 1959.

In the mid-1990s Hundholmen Small Boat Association blew up a canal from the 60 m deep breach to the sea. With that they got a well-protected and deep marina!

Read more about Kjøpsvik Museum here.