The locomotive “Ofoten” was the first locomotive on the Ofotbanen line and had the No. 7. “Ofoten” belonged to The Swedish and Norwegian Railway Company Ltd, founded in 1885.
Fireman Lidner and train driver R. Futter (with grease can) on «Ofoten».
From the left, District inspector N. Andersen, Train driver R. Futter, Blacksmith Rasmussen, Fireman Lidner. Photo: William Spear, 1888.
The locomotive was produced in England and arrived at Victoriahavn (Narvik) 15 June 1888. It was tested on June 27, 1888. The locomotive has probably been in operation from July 1888 until the dissolution of the English construction period in March 1889.