Commercial activity at Korsnes started around the beginning of the 1700s. Since approx. 1780 the Trondheims- og Bergensborgere that organized local trade in the area. That was when Weilandt got the first innkeepers license at Korsnes.
In 1841 a man named Bendik Normann from Harstad purchased the place. The Normann family led Korsnes through the area’s commercial golden age. The area had a rope factory, commercial fish market, cod liver oil steamery, salting plant, stockfish racks, trading post and agricultural farms
A post office arrived in 1872, a telegraph station in 1875 and a permanent steam ship docks.
Knut grew up on Hamarøy not far away. He spent some years helping out with trade at various locations around the region and he was stationed in Korsnes for a short period of time. It is said that he saved one of the other he merchant’s daughters from drowning.
Korsnes was one of the many trading posts that experienced trouble reorganizing for the new times to come at the end of the 1800s. The shop went bankrupt in 1896. The Normann family kept the post office and the steamship forwarding office, but it sold the rest of the place to Valdemar Pettersen from Gildeskål, who continued operations while trying to export fish to England.
An inheritance made it possible for the Normann family to buy Korsnes back in 1933 and rebuild the steamship quay. Hurtigruten stopped at Korsnes for a while in the 1930s. The family did not want to continue working with commercial trades. The shop was taken over by Tormod Bredesen in 1936, who ran the place until 1958.
In 1940 the photographer Magdalene Thorsen returned to Korsenes and took over the post and steamship forwarding office. She ran both operations until 1970.
In 1960 the Hveding family purchased the place, less the telegraph station, to set up a fish station. In later years Taste of North took over as one of the country’s biggest Lutefisk producers.